11. NOT EXERCISING
In an effort to be thin, many woman will not eat properly and will especially avoid fats. However, not all fats are evil and some are very necessary for healthy, youthful skin.
12. NOT REMOVING MAKEUP BEFORE BEDTIME
Society always has a two cents to put in--from what you should wear to how you should act. Don't fall for it. Age is a number. It is not who you are. A few examples of people who have NOT let society's dictates keep them from achieving...
- a women who receives her college degree at age 62; she was one of, if not the only, person of that age in her classes
- Tina Turner who rocked and rolled well into her seventies--in high heels
- Carmen, mentioned in our previous blog, who is still modeling to this day at 82
- Diana Ross who recently received the American Music Lifetime Achievement Award with children and grandchildren in tow; and she looked marvelous at 72!
- 100 year old man who ran a marathon
If you have a dream, do it. Don't let age stop you.
Fast foods and processed foods are a major reason for obesity in this country. Also, MSG has been thought to cause weight gain. It is a food additive in a lot of foods and products.
Just because your back hurts or your boobs have dropped doesn't mean that you should not have sex. Masters and Johnson believes that persons past a certain age are discourage from sexual activity and are the victims of age-ism.
15. NOT HANGING OUT WITH KIDS/LOSS OF SENSE OF HUMOR
REMEMBER, we are trying to age gracefully here! Read our next blog for 5 more ways to combat the big 15 things that make us look older than our years and to stave off 10 years for as long as possible.